Saturday, March 19, 2011

Modern Baby Boy Card

I saw a super cute card in my Stampin' Success magazine last month and decided to make my own version of it. I am in love with this layout! If I wanted to keep it simple, I could have just attacked some paper with my circle punch and glued them to a piece of cardstock - done! You could make the circles out of cardstock or some cute patterned paper. The layout lends itself to simplicity. Ahhh, simplicity. Love it!



I decided to use only paper from my scraps, since my packet of scraps is beginning to bulge. I love the combination of the blue Baha Breeze and brown Early Espresso, so that's where I started. The yellow-gold tone of More Mustard seemed like a stylish fit to compliment the other two. I also found a piece of retired stripe paper that matched perfectly - yay! I decided these papers would make a great baby boy card, so that's what it became.

Because the design of the card was already established, I decided to add some embellishments. I used the "peanut" stamp from the "So Cute" stamp set, which happens to be a Sale-a-bration freebie *wink* *wink*. I recently acquired the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and thought it would work great on this project. I also decided to use my Sweet Buttons Embosslits again. That little thing is so slick! Since the "buttons" were made of cardstock, I was able to layer them easily too. I finished off the card with a little hemp twine bow.

I'd love to hear what you think! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment