Saturday, April 16, 2011

Country Elegance

My hubby and I attended a beautiful wedding yesterday. While I didn't know the bride or groom very much, I knew the bride grew up in the country and would appreciate a card with that kind of theme.

In preparation for the "Going Baroque" class next week, I have been using my "Baroque Motifs" stamp set quite a bit lately. I especially like using this set to make wedding cards. The swirly stamp in the set makes beautiful backgrounds, so that's where I decided to start. I experimented with a few ideas before settling on what you see here:



I decided to go with the color theme of Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso. I have never used this color combo before, but once I put the eggplant and cajun papers together, I knew I had found it!

I love the elegance of the "Baroque Motifs" stamps, but I also wanted this card to have some character. To give the card a rustic look, decided to use hemp twine over the ribbon. I also gently inked my stamps so the stamped images would look distressed.

I had fun making up this card, and I hope the bride and groom had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment